Wednesday, March 22, 2006

First Post

March 22 2006.
I am submitting this first post to observe how the system will work and make any adjustments as necessary.
I have begun checking in to my new unit. I now belong to the I Marine Expeditionary Force (I MEF) G-2 Section. Though not confirmed, I will be deploying sometime in mid-April. From my understanding I will be flying to Baghdad, Iraq via a chartered flight and then take a CH-46 to Fallujah. From the sounds of it, the base is fairly well established and the living conditions are as comfortable as can be.
I do not know how often I will be "outside the wire", it may be fairly seldom, which will make for a boring blog, unfortunately. I will try to use all my writing skills to paint as clear a picture as possible.
For now, I am enjoying the southern California weather until I deploy.
Rog

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home